September 10, 2014 Wednesday
September 10, 2014 Wednesday (45 minutes)
- The self righteous judge according to appearance but those that fear God rather judge by looking at the heart. 1-10
- those that are sons of Abraham are those that fear God 9
- Zacchaeus means my pure ones
- Titus 1: 15-16 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
- John 7:24 Judge not accordingto the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
- Isaiah 11:2-3 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sightofhiseyes, neither reprove after the hearing ofhis ears
- Those that have lost their fear of God justify and receive leadership that feeds their idolatrous perception of God and their life of covetousness justified by mere religious practice without relationship with God. 11-27
- 20-23 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin: 21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow. 22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?
- This parable was in anticipation of Christ’s rejection the 1st time
- Coming in humility of the genuine fear of God allows God’s name to be expressed through us instead of ours and that is often rejected by the vast majority. 28-40
- Those that have fallen in to mere religious self righteousness make God’s place of worship of place of mere intellectual knowledge and religious routine instead of heart knowledge and relationship rather than a place of pure worship and prayer. 41-48
- Isaiah 56:6-8 Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the LORD, to serve him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; 7 Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people.8 The Lord GOD which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.
- 45-46 And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought; 46 Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves.